OBJECTIVE: Responsible for packing quality eggs in clean packaging that meets or exceeds the SQF System Requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS: A high school degree or GED is preferred.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Qualified candidates must have basic reading and writing skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
TRAINING NEEDED: SSOP, GMP, HACCP, Animal Welfare, Food Security, Allergen, Lock Out/Tag Out, Chemical Handling, SQF and additional training as deemed necessary.
- Pack cartons and flats of eggs in proper packaging material.
- Check for clearly legible carton/sleeve dating according to customer specifications.
- Ensure that case labels match the carton/sleeve type and code date. Place case labels to the proper packed cases when applicable.
- Communication any variance of carton dates or case labels to the Packer Operator or Processing Floor Lead.
- Inspect in process egg quality by opening a minimum one carton per case. Notify applicable team member to correct when problems are present.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Separate and assist with reworking packages if eggs or package quality is not consistent with customer specifications.
- Complete steps to properly clean equipment at the end of the production according to SSOP’s.
- Follow all HACCP/GMP and SQF protocol for proper handling of eggs.
- Promote the Cooper Culture through trainings and personal demonstration.
- Maintain an active interest in performance level, attendance, and attitude.
- Follow all safety practices and protocols.
- Perform all duties as apparent or assigned.
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change.
How to apply online