This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
Post : Transnet Engineering , Recruitment Office 19 , Voortrekker Road , Salt River , 7925
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet Engineering
Position Title : Millwright X 7
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Mainten&Service
Location : Various Locations
Reporting To : Superintendent
Grade Level : I3
Reference Number : 30012217
The incumbent is employed in the PEMM in Salt River / Saldanha and will report to the Superintendent.
- Mechanical fault finding and repairs to electro hydraulic machines including CNC and motorised equipment.
- Conduct PM’s and report on defects
- Mechanical overhaul, modifications, upgrade of machines and equipment
- New machines installations
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be a Qualified Trade Tested Millwright (Legislation pre-requisite)
- 1 year relevant experience
- Safe working practices and principles
- Quality awareness
- Technical / Theoretical
- Business principles
- Problem solving
- Information Processing
- Diagnostic Ability
- Sound judgement
- Planning and Organising
- Results orientated
- Willing to work shifts and overtime
- Must be willing to do standby duties
- Physically fit
- Visually acuity
- Eye-hand and feet co-ordination
- Depth perception
5 X SALT RIVER
2 X SALDANHA