The NYDA Grant Programme is designed to provide young entrepreneurs with an opportunity to access both financial and non- financial business development support in order to enable them to establish or grow their businesses.
The qualifying criteria includes:
• Are youth 18-35 years
• Youth with skills, experience or; with the potential skill, appropriate for the enterprise that they conduct or intend to conduct.
• Are South African citizens
• Are resident in South Africa;
• Members of entities should comprise 100% south African youth citizen
• You must apply 3 months before you turn 35 years.
• Submission of all required documentation
• Proof of attending Business Management Training course.
• Business Pitch presentation of 10 minutes – in person or telephonically.
• Due Diligence assessment conducted by the NYDA official on the business.
How to access the NYDA Grant Programme
– Contact our Call Centre on 0800 52 52 52.
– Or visit your nearest NYDA branch.
– Application Form (Download here)
Thresholds Type of businesses Grant amount ranges
Threshold 1 Idea generation and survivalist (start-ups) R1,000 – R10,000
Threshold 2 Start-ups PTY and cooperatives R10,001 – R50,000
Threshold 3 Growth stage PTY and cooperatives R50,001 – R100,000
Threshold 4 Expansion stage PTY and cooperatives R100,001 – R200,000*
*for agriculture and technology related projects the maximum threshold is R250,000.00
N.B: Threshold submissions requirements applies