Location: All provinces
Position: Apprentice Instrumentation (28 Months Fixed Term Contract)
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Simba is one of South Africa’s leading snack brands and has been in existence since 1939. Simba is part of PepsiCo, an exciting multinational organisation that is a world leader in convenient foods and beverages with revenues of more than 32 billion and more than 180 000 employees across the world. The success of our company and brands is anchored on our people and the values we live by.
- General Management,
- Marketing and Public Relations,
- Logistics and Transport
- Manufacturing and Processing
- Human Resources and Employment
- Information Technology,
- Statistics and Management Services,
- Information Services,
- Sales, Retail and Buying,
- Scientific Services,
- Finance, including management consultancy
- Leading International FMCG company is recruiting HIGH PERFORMING individuals to join their dynamic team.
- 24 month training programme equips candidates with a broad business understanding, practical experience and develops leadership qualities.
- Successful applicants undergo intensive training in the company’s various business functions within the first year: Human Resources, Finance, Research and Development, Commercial (Sales & Marketing) and Operations (Production, Supply Chain, Agronomy and Engineering).
- On the second year candidates will be placed in a specific function for the full year in preparation for a managerial role.
- Training takes place at Simba’s head Office and the various distribution centres around the country.
- If you are about to graduate with a 3 year degree/diploma, or have recently graduated with a 3 year degree/diploma and are looking for full time work experience starting in 2012, then this is the program for you!
- Persuasive skills
- Negotiation skills
- Computer skills (literacy)
- Thinking Skills
- Drive for Results
- Communicates skill
- Business related degrees
- Engineering degrees
- Food Sciences degrees
- Information Technology degrees
- Cape Town
- Western Cape
The successful candidate for the post of apprentice instrumentation will work under the supervision of an instrumentation technician, and will be expected to perform the duties, tasks, and responsibilities as follows:
- To undertake a development programme leading to a Trade Test Qualification as part of an apprenticeship.
- To actively participate in their own development plan which will be agreed with the line manager and the assessor from the training provider.
- Maintain the training log book up to date.
- As directed, undertake a work programme in the Engineering maintenance environment to develop practical skills and knowledge of Instrumentation duties.
- Reads, interprets, and executes drawings, schematics, blueprints, and electrical/instrumentation code specifications to see layout of electrical/control equipment installations.
- Install and maintain instruments on new or existing plant equipment and processes.
- Use pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices to inspect and test instrument and system operation, and diagnose faults.
- Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Works on instruments/process failures and replaces components wherever production time is affected.
- Performing routine and preventive maintenance on industrial, process and instrumentation equipment (PLC, DCS, motor controls, AC/DC drives, control valves, industrial instrumentation for flow, pressure, level & temperature, automated packaging equipment)
- Complies with standards and procedures of industry, SANS, GEHSMS, and Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations.
- To take part in meetings, supervision, training as requested by the manager.
- To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade and as assigned by the supervisor/manager.
- Matric certificate with passes in English, Mathematics and Science subjects.
- At least N4 Engineering qualification, ideal N6 Instrumentation qualification.
- Work experience not a pre-requisite but would be advantageous.
- Must be able to work with coloured wiring and must be able to identify them by sight.
- Must be able to find the root cause of issues and think logically about solutions.
- Must be able to read blueprints and schematics and use an array of tools and diagnostic devices to service and install electrical parts.
- Must be able to work for many different customers, and must be friendly when working on site
- Must be able to think critically in their process of diagnosing and repairing equipment.
How to Apply
Contact person: Interested persons are to apply to Epeleng Nare Epeleng.email@example.com