Manager : Legal Services (L5/6)
(Position based in NPC, Pretoria)
Render a comprehensive legal advisory, litigation mitigation and management, due diligence and procurement
support service to members of the Company. May have to appear in some courts and forum on Company’s
SummationLaws / legislation: Draft, research, advise and revise
• Litigation: Manage the process and draft court proceedings
• Intellectual property / Trademarks: Register and renew
• Information Technology and Communication Agreements
• Properties: Register transfers and cancel bonds, Commercial Leases.
• Contracts: Draft, vet, negotiate, revise and advise
• Claims / collections: Debt collection and advise
• Corporate, Company & IT Law: Research and advise
• Due Diligence and Procurement Support: Research and advise
• Ensure the efficient management, control, compliance and reporting of the function/resources in accordance
with the stipulations of the PFMA, BCEA, fraud prevention and risk management principles, legislation,
Corporate governance, Delegation of Powers, company policies, processes, regulations, etc.
• Knowledge of banking law and finance
• Regulatory law and legislative research
• Administrative law
• Provision of reasoned legal opinionsMinimum RequirementsLLB, B. Proc, B. Juris or similar recognised Law Degree. NQF 7
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in Legal field. Practised Law in private legal practice or corporate legal environment.
Admitted as attorney/advocate
Knowledge and understanding of:
• Legal drafting
• Drafting of legal contracts
• Legal research
• Commercial litigation
• Banking and Finance Law
• Information Technology Law and Contracts
• Consumer Protection Law
• The Constitution and Labour legislation
• Contract management
• Financial Management
• Risk and Compliance Management
• Strategy development and implementation
• Relevant statutes, rules and regulations
• Organisational Development, management techniques and good business practices
Skills and Attributes:
• Good communication skills: Verbal and written, Problem solving, Good reasoning ability, Logical,
Assertiveness, Holistic thinker , Results oriented/drivenThe South African Postbank SOC Limited is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity
and equity in employment, especially with regard to race, gender and disability.
In compliance with the
banks employment equity plans, first preference will be given to candidates from designated groups.
Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.
If you wish to apply, please forward your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to recruitmentLM@postbank.co.za
Please indicate in the subject line the position you aree applying for.
To view the full position
specification, log on to www.postbank.co.za and click on Careers.
Position numbers: 60066707
Cost Centre: 50800
If you do not hear from the South African Postbank SOC Limited or its Agent within 3 months of this
advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The South African Postbank
SOC Limited reserves the right not to fill the positions or to re-advertise the positions at any time